🌅 Discovery 1 Why Another Sacred Record?

📖 Building Upon the Restoration

ðŸŒŋ Great Discoveries from the Nemenhah Sacred Records

 

📖 Discovery 1

Why Another Sacred Records

"Come and see."

Truth does not compete with truth. It completes it.



Listen to the NEW Narration:  Come and See



❓ The Question

One of the most interesting verses in the Book of Mormon has always fascinated me.

The Lord says:

"Thou fool, that shall say: A Bible, A Bible, we have got a Bible, and there cannot be any more Bible."

— 2 Nephi 29:6

Most of us smile when we read that verse.

We think,

"I'm grateful I don't believe that."

After all, we love both the Bible and the Book of Mormon.

But one day another thought quietly came into my mind.

Could we ever make the same mistake ourselves?

Not by saying...

"We have a Bible."

But by saying...

"We have a Book of Mormon. Why would we need another witness?"

I wasn't accusing anyone.

I was asking myself.

Was the Lord simply defending the Book of Mormon?

Or was He teaching something much bigger?

As I kept reading, I realized the Lord wasn't talking about one particular book.

He was revealing something about His own character.

God has always spoken to all His children.

He has never limited Himself to one people...

One nation...

Or one witness.

That question changed the direction of my study.


📜 The Bible

Long before the Restoration, God established a pattern.

"In the mouth of two or three witnesses shall every word be established."

— 2 Corinthians 13:1

Truth is strengthened through multiple witnesses.

The Bible itself is not one book.

It is a library of inspired witnesses spanning centuries, all pointing to Jesus Christ.

God has never relied upon only one testimony.


📘 The Book of Mormon

The Book of Mormon doesn't simply add another witness.

It explains why God does.

The Lord continues in 2 Nephi 29:

"Know ye not that I, the Lord your God, have created all men... and I bring forth my word unto the children of men, yea, even upon all the nations of the earth?"

Then He asks:

"Wherefore murmur ye, because that ye shall receive more of my word?"

— 2 Nephi 29:8

What a remarkable question.

The Lord isn't apologizing for giving more scripture.

He's asking why anyone would complain when He does.

That was a question I couldn't ignore.


ðŸ‘Ī Joseph Smith's Teachings

Joseph Smith believed heaven had not finished speaking.

He declared:

"We believe all that God has revealed, all that He does now reveal, and we believe that He will yet reveal many great and important things pertaining to the Kingdom of God."

— Articles of Faith 1:9

Joseph looked forward.

He expected additional light.

He expected God to continue revealing His will.


🏛️ Official LDS Scriptures and Teachings

One of the great strengths of the Restoration is its belief in continuing revelation.

Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints are invited to seek personal revelation through the Holy Ghost while studying the scriptures and the teachings of living prophets.

That invitation has always been at the heart of the Restoration.


ðŸŠķ The Nemenhah Sacred Records

It was with that understanding that I first opened the Nemenhah Sacred Records.

I wasn't looking for a replacement.

I wasn't looking for a new religion.

I simply wanted to know if another witness of Jesus Christ could exist.

What surprised me most was that the Nemenhah did not ask me to abandon the scriptures I already loved.

Instead, they repeatedly pointed me back to Jesus Christ, to covenant living, to personal revelation, and to the Holy Ghost.

They invited me to compare.

To study.

To pray.

📖 Nemenhah Witnesses

Rather than quoting long passages, this series will invite you to read the Record for yourself.

  • ðŸŠķ Hahgohtl 1:12 — Sacred records are preserved and carried with the people so they would not dwindle in unbelief.
  • ðŸŠķ (Additional passages will be added throughout this companion study as we build a complete topical index.)

💎 Great Discovery

The greatest discovery for me was not that the Nemenhah claimed to be another sacred record.

It was realizing that the Book of Mormon had already prepared me for the possibility.

The Lord's warning in 2 Nephi 29 is bigger than the Bible.

It warns us against assuming that God has finished speaking.

The question is not whether God can provide another witness.

The question is whether we are willing to let Him.


❤️ Talking Feather's Reflection

I didn't begin this journey looking for another sacred record.

I began by trying to better understand the scriptures I already believed.

As I compared the Bible, the Book of Mormon, Joseph Smith's teachings, official LDS scriptures and teachings, and the Nemenhah Sacred Records, I found myself asking questions I had never asked before.

Not because someone persuaded me.

Because the scriptures invited me to ask them.

That is why I invite you to do the same.

Read.

Compare.

Pray.

Then let the Holy Ghost become your teacher.


ðŸĪ” Questions to Ponder

  • What was the Lord really teaching in 2 Nephi 29?
  • Is His message only about accepting the Book of Mormon, or does it reveal a larger pattern?
  • Why does God establish truth through multiple witnesses?
  • Could there be other covenant peoples whose testimony of Jesus Christ has been preserved?
  • What role should the Holy Ghost play in answering these questions?

📚 Scripture References

📜 Bible

  • Deuteronomy 19:15
  • John 10:16
  • 2 Corinthians 13:1

📘 Book of Mormon

  • 2 Nephi 29 (entire chapter)
  • 3 Nephi 16
  • Moroni 10:3–5

ðŸ‘Ī Joseph Smith's Teachings

  • Articles of Faith 1:9

ðŸŠķ Nemenhah References

  • Hahgohtl 1:12 (more references will be added as we continue building this companion study).

🕊️ Walking Together

This series is not about replacing the Restoration.

It is about building upon it.

Read the scriptures.

Compare the witnesses.

Study the Nemenhah passages.

Then ask God, the Eternal Father, in the name of Jesus Christ, if these things are true.

The Holy Ghost remains the greatest teacher.

Come and see.

Comments