He Met Me There

 

He Met Me There

"And He met me there... not in the noise... not in the crowd... but in the quiet place."




Listen to the NEW Song of Zion:    He Met Me There


There are moments in life that divide our story into two parts.

Before...

And...

After.

For me, one of those moments came when life suddenly slowed down.

I had always been moving.

There was another project to finish.

Another place to go.

Another schedule to keep.

Like so many people, I thought being busy meant I was living well.

Then life interrupted my plans.

Spinal surgery.

Months of recovery.

Questions I couldn't answer.

Long nights when sleep didn't come easily.

The uncertainty of wondering what the future would look like.

If someone had asked me years earlier whether I wanted to walk that road, I would have said no without hesitation.

Yet today, looking back, I would never trade what I found there.

Because the greatest healing wasn't only in my back.

It was in my heart.

There is something about weakness that strips away our illusions of control.

The things we once thought were so important suddenly become much smaller.

The things we often overlooked become priceless.

A quiet sunrise.

A conversation with someone you love.

A prayer whispered when no one else is listening.

The gentle assurance that you are not facing the night alone.

During that season, I had a dream that has stayed with me ever since.

In the dream, a doctor looked at me and simply said:

"You need to be the patient."

When I awoke, I knew those words meant far more than physical recovery.

For much of my life, I had been trying to help everyone else.

Trying to explain.

Trying to teach.

Trying to fix.

Trying to carry burdens that were never mine to carry.

The Savior gently reminded me that before I could spend my life helping others, I first needed to let Him heal me.

That lesson changed everything.

Sometimes we imagine meeting Christ only at the end of our journey.

When this life is over.

When every question has been answered.

When every tear has been wiped away.

But I have discovered something different.

He meets us now.

He meets us in hospital rooms.

He meets us in quiet mornings.

He meets us beside our beds when sleep will not come.

He meets us during long recoveries.

He meets us when fear whispers that we will never be the same again.

He meets us when we finally stop running long enough to hear His voice.

Perhaps that is why the scriptures so often describe Him as The Good Shepherd.

A shepherd does not wait at the finish line.

He walks among the flock.

He knows which sheep are limping.

He knows which one is frightened.

He knows which one has wandered.

And He goes to them.

That realization has become one of the greatest witnesses of my life.

Today, I can say with complete honesty that I know Jesus Christ lives.

Not simply because I have read about Him.

Not simply because others testified of Him.

But because I have experienced His presence in my own life.

Not through dramatic displays.

Not through loud voices.

But through quiet moments that slowly changed me from the inside out.

The greatest miracle of my recovery was not that I could walk again.

It was discovering that I had never walked alone.

Looking back now, I realize the Savior had been beside me long before I recognized Him.

He was there in the uncertainty.

He was there in the fear.

He was there in the healing.

He was there in the waiting.

He was there in the silence.

He was there when I finally learned to be the patient instead of always trying to be the physician.

That is why this song is so personal.

It is not merely a story about surgery.

It is a testimony.

A testimony that Jesus Christ still heals.

Sometimes He heals our bodies.

Sometimes He heals our hearts.

Sometimes He heals our understanding.

And often...

He begins by meeting us in the very place we hoped we would never have to be.

If you are walking through one of those quiet places today, I hope this song reminds you of something that changed my life.

The Savior does not wait for you at the end of the journey.

He walks beside you through it.

He knows your name.

He knows where you hurt.

And when the time is right...

You will discover what I discovered.

He was there all along.

He met me there.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About This Blog: The True Remnant

๐Ÿ“š Master Index — Waking Up Zion: The True Remnant Blog Archive

Waking Up Zion --- The Book