The Door Was Never Locked
The Door Was Never Locked
"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." — Matthew 11:28
Listen to the NEW Song of Zion: The Door Was Never Locked
When I was a young boy, I remember standing outside a door that I was convinced was locked.
I waited.
I looked around for someone with a key.
Surely someone else had to let me in.
Finally, someone smiled and said, "Bob... just turn the handle."
The door had never been locked.
Only my thinking was.
I have wondered over the years if many of us spend our lives standing outside a spiritual door that our Father in Heaven never locked.
We wait.
We wonder.
We question whether we are good enough.
We ask ourselves if we have finally become worthy enough for God to receive us.
Somewhere along the journey, many of us began believing that God's love had to be earned.
That His presence had to be purchased.
That His acceptance depended upon our performance.
So we try harder.
We compare ourselves with others.
We count our successes.
We hide our failures.
We wonder if we have prayed enough, served enough, repented enough, attended enough, or given enough.
The burden becomes heavier with every passing year.
But then I read the life of Jesus Christ.
I don't find Him standing behind a locked gate asking people to prove themselves before entering.
I find Him walking toward the broken.
Toward the weary.
Toward the sinner.
Toward the doubter.
Toward the outcast.
The leper didn't earn his healing.
The blind man didn't earn his sight.
The woman taken in adultery didn't earn His compassion.
The thief on the cross didn't earn paradise.
They came because they needed Him.
That is the miracle of grace.
The invitation of Christ has never been:
"Become worthy enough, then come."
His invitation has always been:
"Come unto Me."
Repentance was never intended to be a ladder we climb high enough to reach heaven.
Repentance is turning around and discovering that Christ has been walking toward us all along.
He meets us where we are.
He heals us where we hurt.
He teaches us because He loves us—not because we've already become perfect.
Sometimes we confuse worthiness with worthiness to be loved.
Those are not the same thing.
Every one of us is accountable before God.
Every one of us needs repentance.
Every one of us needs to change, grow, forgive, and become more like Jesus Christ.
But none of those things create our worth.
Our worth was established long before we drew our first breath.
We are sons and daughters of Heavenly Parents.
That identity is not earned.
It is received.
Once we understand that, repentance changes.
Instead of running toward fear, we run toward love.
Instead of hiding from God, we seek Him.
Instead of wondering whether He wants us, we begin to believe His own words.
He does.
The Savior's ministry was never about keeping sincere people away.
It was always about bringing them home.
Perhaps today you feel unworthy.
Perhaps someone has told you that you don't measure up.
Perhaps your own heart has whispered the same lie for years.
May I remind you of something simple?
The door was never locked.
Christ is still standing there with open arms.
He is not asking you to become someone else before you come.
He is asking you to come so He can help you become who you were always meant to be.
Walk through the door.
Not because you have finally become worthy.
But because He is worthy.
And because He has never stopped inviting you home.
Questions to Ponder
Have I ever believed that God's love depended upon my performance?
What does it mean to "come unto Christ" exactly as I am?
How has Jesus shown mercy to imperfect people throughout the scriptures?
What changes in my relationship with God when I remember that I am already His child?
Invitation
If this message touched your heart, spend a few quiet moments with the Savior today.
Lay down the burdens of comparison, fear, and shame.
Ask Him to teach you what He sees when He looks at you.
His answer may surprise you.
"Come unto Christ, and be perfected in Him." (Moroni 10:32)
The invitation has never changed.
The door was never locked.
The True Remnant
"Helping people come unto Christ through the Holy Ghost, one story at a time."
๐ฟ The True Remnant Blog
https://thetrueremnantblog.blogspot.com
๐ต Songs of Zion are available on major streaming platforms.
If this message blessed your life, please share it with someone who may need to hear that Christ's invitation is still open.
Comments