The Same Sun Waits

 

The Same Sun Waits

"I've stopped trying to wake everyone else. Now... I simply enjoy the sunrise... and trust the Lord to wake His children when they're ready."




Listen to the NEW Song of Zion:  The Same Sun Waits


YouTube --- The Same Sun Waits


There was a time in my life when I thought it was my job to wake everyone else up.

If I could just explain the scriptures a little better...

If I could organize the evidence a little more clearly...

If I could answer every objection...

Surely everyone would see what I was seeing.

The harder I tried, the more frustrated I became.

Not because I stopped loving people.

Quite the opposite.

I loved them enough that I wanted them to experience the joy I had found.

But somewhere along the way, I began carrying a burden the Lord had never asked me to carry.

Then one morning, while watching the sunrise, a simple thought came into my mind.

The sun never argues with the darkness.

It doesn't shout.

It doesn't force anyone out of bed.

It simply rises.

Faithfully.

Patiently.

Every single morning.

Some people are already awake when the first golden light appears. They step outside, breathe the cool morning air, and rejoice in the beauty of a new day.

Others are still asleep.

The sun doesn't become offended.

It doesn't say, "Why aren't they awake yet?"

It simply keeps shining.

Eventually...

Almost everyone wakes up.

That simple picture changed the way I look at sharing truth.

For years, I believed that if I cared enough, I could somehow awaken people before they were ready.

Now I think the Lord has a much better understanding of timing than I do.

He knows every heart.

He knows every wound.

He knows every fear.

He knows every question someone is quietly carrying.

He also knows exactly when the first rays of light will begin breaking through.

The scriptures are full of this patient pattern.

Alma the Younger did not awaken until the Lord knew his heart could receive the message.

The sons of Mosiah had their own appointed season.

The Apostle Paul spent years preparing after his conversion before beginning much of his ministry.

Even the disciples walked with Jesus for a long time before many truths fully settled into their hearts.

The Lord never seems to be in a hurry.

Because love is patient.

One of the hardest lessons I have learned is that we cannot force spiritual growth.

We can invite.

We can testify.

We can love.

We can live the gospel with joy.

But only the Holy Ghost can awaken a soul.

That realization has brought me tremendous peace.

It has changed the way I view my family.

It has changed the way I view friends.

It has changed the way I comment online.

Instead of trying to win arguments, I simply try to leave another window open for light to enter.

Sometimes that happens through a conversation.

Sometimes through a song.

Sometimes through a blog.

Sometimes through saying nothing at all and simply loving people well.

I have also discovered something beautiful.

People rarely remember the person who argued them into a new idea.

They almost always remember the person who loved them while they were still searching.

That is exactly how the Savior treated people.

He never chased anyone with condemnation.

He invited.

He taught.

He waited.

He loved.

He trusted His Father with the timing.

That may be one of the greatest lessons He has ever taught me.

There is another image in this song that means a great deal to me.

The porch light.

How many parents leave a porch light on when their children are expected home late?

The light is not there to pressure them.

It simply says,

"Whenever you're ready... you'll know you're welcome here."

I think our Heavenly Father leaves porch lights burning all over the world.

Every act of kindness.

Every quiet prayer.

Every sincere testimony.

Every meal shared with a neighbor.

Every forgiving embrace.

Every gentle invitation.

Each one is another porch light pointing home.

Perhaps our calling is not to drag people into the sunrise.

Perhaps it is simply to become people who reflect its warmth.

The sun has never worried about whether tomorrow will come.

It simply rises again.

The Savior has never stopped inviting His children.

He simply keeps calling.

That gives me hope.

Hope for those I love.

Hope for those who disagree with me.

Hope for those who have wandered.

Hope for those who are still sleeping.

One day...

They will see the light.

And when they do...

The Lord will not ask whether they arrived at dawn...

Or at noon...

Or just before sunset.

He will simply open His arms.

Because His mercy has never been measured by the hour on the clock.

It has always been measured by the greatness of His love.

So I have stopped trying to wake everyone else.

Instead...

I sit quietly on the porch.

I enjoy another sunrise.

I keep the porch light burning.

And I trust the Shepherd.

Because the Shepherd knows where every lamb is.

And unlike me...

He has never once been late.

The same sun that warmed my heart...

Is still rising...

For everyone else.

The same sun waits.





๐ŸŒ… Some Wake Early. Some Sleep In. God Loves Every One of Them.

(A gentle word for those awakening… and those still resting)

A New Song of Zion:    The Same Sun Waits

Hello friends.
It’s me again — just the old man from the sticks —
thinking about something the Lord has been whispering to my heart.

I’ve been talking with family lately…
and I noticed something beautiful:

People wake up at different times.
And heaven is never upset about it.

Some rise at the very first hint of dawn.
Some sleep in until the sun is high.
And some don’t open their eyes until noon.

And guess what?

๐ŸŒฟ God loves them all.
๐ŸŒฟ He walks with each one.
๐ŸŒฟ Nobody is behind in His eyes.

We are all His children moving toward the same light —
just on different schedules.


๐ŸŒ„ 1. Early risers simply enjoy the sunrise a little longer

One day, while talking with someone dear to me, the Spirit whispered this phrase:

“Those who find the truth now just get to enjoy the freedom a little sooner.”

That’s it.
Nothing dramatic.
Just simple, gentle truth.

Because early risers…

  • see the sunrise

  • feel the cool morning breeze

  • hear the quiet world waking

  • enjoy the peace before the noise of the day

Not because they’re better —
but because they’re simply awake at that hour.

Others are still asleep — warm, comfortable, beloved —
and the Lord doesn’t yank them out of bed.

He lets them wake naturally.
When the time is right.
When their soul is ready.

And when they finally open their eyes?

The same sun is waiting for them.


๐Ÿฅ— 2. And yes… early wakening sometimes means tasting the hors d’oeuvres

If you’ve ever been to a big feast, you know:

  • the appetizers come out early

  • they’re delicious

  • only the early guests enjoy them

  • everyone else still gets the main course

It doesn’t make the latecomers less loved.
It doesn’t change the meal.
It just means the early folks get a little extra before the crowd arrives.

Spiritually, it’s the same:

Those waking up now —
those digging into history,
those feeling something stir inside,
those sensing the Lord calling them a little higher —
are simply tasting freedom sooner.

Not better.
Just sooner.


๐Ÿ“œ 3. Why this matters right now (especially for Latter-day Saints)

Many good people in the Church are feeling something shift inside them.

They’re watching new videos.
They’re reading historical sources.
They’re learning about Joseph Smith again — not the rumor, but the man.

And they’re discovering something remarkable:

  • Joseph Smith was honest.

  • His heart was clean.

  • His teachings match the Book of Mormon.

  • The true evidence points back to him, not away.

And people can feel it.

Some are waking up early.
Some are stirring in their sleep.
Some won’t open their eyes for a while.

But they all belong to God.


๐ŸŒฟ 4. The Church has been a good place to grow — but the Lord is gently calling people higher

This was the part that surprised me — the peace of it.

The Lord isn’t angry with anyone.
He’s not disappointed in those who sleep longer.
He’s not upset with those who stay where they are for now.

The Church has:

  • raised good families

  • built community

  • taught kindness

  • fostered service

  • provided stability

All of that is good.

But the higher peace
the one people are starting to feel —
doesn’t come from institutions.

It comes from Jesus Himself.

When a soul begins to feel the Lord tugging on them…
that’s when the personal awakening begins.

Not because they’re smarter.
Not because they’re chosen before others.
But because the Lord knows their timing.


๐ŸŒค 5. What the Lord whispered to my heart

Here’s the gentle message that keeps coming back to me:

“Everyone will awaken in their own hour.
Those rising early are simply breathing peace a little sooner.
Those who awaken later will breathe that same peace.
Love them all.
Press no one.
Walk gently.”

Because of that whisper, my whole way of living has changed.

I don’t argue with anyone.
I don’t pressure anyone.
I don’t try to wake people up.
I don’t try to fix testimonies.

I just walk with Christ.
I answer softly when asked.
I carry truth quietly.
And I let the Lord handle the timing.

It has filled my soul with peace.


๐Ÿ’› 6. A final thought — from my heart

Some people in my life wake early.
Some sleep in.
Some love the sunrise.
Some love their warm blankets.

And all of them are beloved of God.

If you are waking up early in your spiritual life…
don’t resent it.
Don’t fear it.
Don’t hide it.

Enjoy the fresh air.

And if someone you love is still asleep…
don’t shake them.

Just sit on the porch,
enjoy the sunrise,
and trust the Lord to bring them out
when their time comes.

We’re all headed toward the same Light.

Some of us just happen to be up early enough
to smell the morning air and to see the Son Rise.

๐ŸŒ…๐Ÿ•Š️
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About This Blog: The True Remnant

๐Ÿ“š Master Index — Waking Up Zion: The True Remnant Blog Archive

Waking Up Zion --- The Book