๐ต Wednesday Music Reflection ๐ Gratitude
๐ต Wednesday Music Reflection
๐ Gratitude
Every Wednesday afternoon I like to share a piece of music that has touched my heart.
This week it is:
๐ถ Gratitude – Megan Tibbits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjQQ_iQGCFU
Take a few minutes and listen to the song first.
Then come back.
๐ง
When Thank You Is Enough
There comes a point in life when words begin to fail.
Not because we have nothing to say.
But because we have too much.
How do you thank the Lord for a lifetime?
How do you thank Him for every prayer He answered?
For every prayer He answered differently than you expected?
For every time He protected you when you didn't even know you were being protected?
Sometimes all we can say is:
"Thank You."
Looking Back
The older I get, the more I find myself looking backward.
Not with regret.
But with gratitude.
I can see moments when the Lord guided me.
Moments when He corrected me.
Moments when He carried me.
At the time, many of those experiences didn't make sense.
Some were painful.
Some were confusing.
But now I can see His hand in them.
The Blessings We Miss
One thing I've learned is that many blessings don't look like blessings when they first arrive.
A closed door.
A disappointment.
A delay.
A difficult season.
Sometimes years later we discover that what felt like a setback was actually a gift.
The Lord sees farther down the road than we do.
And for that, I am grateful.
The Holy Ghost and Gratitude
I've noticed something over the years.
Gratitude invites the Spirit.
Complaining drives Him away.
Fear makes it hard to hear Him.
But gratitude opens the heart.
When I stop worrying about what I don't have and start noticing what God has already given me, the Holy Ghost seems much closer.
The Nemenhah Connection
One of the themes I see throughout the Nemenhah Records is remembrance.
Remembering the Creator.
Remembering His blessings.
Remembering the sacredness of life.
Remembering where every good gift comes from.
The grateful heart sees miracles everywhere.
The ungrateful heart often misses them.
A Porch Thought
When I was younger, I often prayed for answers.
Today I still pray for answers.
But more and more I find myself praying prayers of gratitude.
Not because life has been perfect.
It hasn't.
Not because I understand everything.
I don't.
But because through all of it, the Lord has been faithful.
And that is enough.
๐ต Take Five Minutes
Listen to the song.
Think about the people who helped shape your life.
Think about the prayers that were answered.
Think about the doors that opened.
Think about the doors that closed.
Then offer a prayer.
Not asking for anything.
Just thanking Him.
You may discover that gratitude itself is one of the greatest gifts He has given us.
๐ง
Related Reading
๐ The Lord Is Closer Than You Think
๐ What I Know Now That I Didn't Know Then
๐ The Blueprint of Zion
๐ Search this blog for:
Gratitude • Holy Ghost • Nemenhah • Peacemaker • Zion • Testimony
"Give thanks unto the Lord; for he is good." — Psalm 107:1
The True Remnant
Comments