๐ต Wednesday Music Reflection ๐ Praise
๐ต Wednesday Music Reflection
๐ Praise
Every Wednesday afternoon I like to share a piece of music that has touched my heart.
This week it is:
๐ถ Praise – Megan Tibbits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJvKIy6CqB4
Take a few minutes and listen before reading further.
Then come back.
๐ง
When Words Become Simple
The older I get, the simpler my prayers become.
When I was younger, I spent a lot of time asking.
Asking for answers.
Asking for direction.
Asking for blessings.
Asking for understanding.
And there is nothing wrong with that.
The Lord invites us to ask.
But somewhere along the road, another kind of prayer began to appear.
A prayer of gratitude.
A prayer of wonder.
A prayer that simply says:
"Thank You."
The Purpose of Praise
Praise is not for God's benefit.
He already knows who He is.
Praise changes us.
It reminds us.
It softens our hearts.
It helps us remember where every good thing comes from.
The air we breathe.
The people we love.
The sunrise.
The rain.
The Holy Ghost.
Even the difficult experiences that eventually teach us wisdom.
All of it is a gift.
Creation Is Constantly Praising
One of the things I love about the scriptures is how often creation is described as praising God.
The stars praise Him.
The mountains praise Him.
The rivers praise Him.
The birds praise Him.
The desert after a rainstorm praises Him.
Nobody tells them to.
They simply do what they were created to do.
Sometimes I think the Lord invites us to do the same.
The Nemenhah Connection
One theme I find throughout the Nemenhah Records is gratitude.
Not gratitude only when things are going well.
But gratitude for life itself.
Gratitude for creation.
Gratitude for family.
Gratitude for the Peacemaker.
Gratitude for another day to learn, repent, serve, and love.
The grateful heart sees miracles that others miss.
Looking Back
When I look back over my life, I see many things I would change.
Mistakes.
Missed opportunities.
Moments when I should have listened better.
Moments when I should have loved better.
Yet somehow, through all of it, the Lord has remained faithful.
The older I get, the less interested I become in proving things.
And the more interested I become in praising Him.
Not because everything was perfect.
But because He was present.
A Porch Thought
One day, after all the books are closed.
After all the debates are finished.
After all the arguments are forgotten.
I don't think we'll wish we had won more discussions.
I think we'll wish we had loved more.
Served more.
Trusted more.
And praised more.
๐ต Take Five Minutes
Listen to this song.
Turn off the news.
Put down the phone.
Walk outside.
Look at the sky.
Feel the breeze.
And for just a moment, don't ask for anything.
Simply thank Him.
You may find that praise itself becomes the answer.
๐ง
Related Reading
๐ The Lord Is Closer Than You Think
๐ What I Know Now That I Didn't Know Then
๐ The Blueprint of Zion
๐ Search this blog for:
Holy Ghost • Gratitude • Nemenhah • Peacemaker • Zion • Testimony
"Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord." — Psalm 150:6
The True Remnant
Comments