DISCOVERY 13 The Greatest Discovery The Restoration Was Always About Jesus Christ
π BUILDING UPON THE RESTORATION
DISCOVERY 13
The Greatest Discovery
The Restoration Was Always About Jesus Christ
“Truth does not compete with truth. It completes it.”
π§ Listen to the NEW Narration and Song: The Greatest Discovery
❓ A Question Worth Asking
When I first opened the Nemenhah Sacred Records, I expected to discover forgotten history.
I did.
I expected to discover remarkable teachings.
I did.
I expected to find beautiful connections with the Bible, the Book of Mormon, and the Restoration through Joseph Smith.
I did.
But none of those became my greatest discovery.
My greatest discovery...
Was the Peacemaker Himself.
π The Bible
Jesus declared:
“I am the way, the truth, and the life.”
—John 14:6
And again:
“This is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent.”
—John 17:3
The destination has always been Christ.
π The Book of Mormon
Nephi wrote:
“We talk of Christ, we rejoice in Christ, we preach of Christ... that our children may know to what source they may look for a remission of their sins.”
—2 Nephi 25:26
Moroni’s final invitation was not merely to trust a book.
It was to ask God, in the name of Christ, and receive truth through the Holy Ghost:
“And by the power of the Holy Ghost ye may know the truth of all things.”
—Moroni 10:5
The Book of Mormon continually points beyond itself to Jesus Christ.
π Joseph Smith
Joseph Smith’s work began with a personal encounter with the Father and the Son.
The Restoration was never meant merely to restore an organization.
It was meant to restore revelation, covenant, priesthood, spiritual gifts, and ultimately the knowledge of God.
Joseph taught that the great privilege of the Saints was to come to know God for themselves.
The purpose of the Restoration was to bring men and women back into the presence of Jesus Christ.
πͺΆ The Nemenhah Sacred Records
The Nemenhah brought everything together for me.
Again and again, the Record teaches that baptism, Fire, the Haymehnay, priesthood, ordinances, the Holy House, and prophetic ministry all have one central purpose:
To bring the disciple to the Peacemaker.
πΏ Baptism with Fire Leads Us onto the Way
When the Peacemaker established His Church among the Nemenhah, He explained what would happen to those who believed His servants and were purified in His name:
“And they shall teach all this people and those who believe on their words shall they purify with water. Wherefore, if they believe and are purified in my name, them shall I baptize with Fire and with the Haymehnay.”
—The First Book of Ohuhgohuh 1:110
He continued:
“Yea, blessed are they who shall hear thy words and humble themselves in purification for they shall be visited with Fire and with the Haymehnay and shall enter onto the Way. Howbeit, because they shall find me and see my face because of faith, they shall have received a remission of their sins.”
—The First Book of Ohuhgohuh 1:112
The promise is not simply membership in a church.
They receive Fire and the Haymehnay.
They enter onto the Way.
They find the Peacemaker.
They see His face because of faith.
πΏ Every True Teaching Leads Back to the Creators
The Peacemaker explained that His doctrine would always testify of the Creators and lead His followers toward Them:
“And this thou shalt have for doctrine. For all that I teach thee shall testify of the Creators and lead thee to the Creators.”
—The First Book of Ohuhgohuh 1:120
He then taught that the Haymehnay enters the heart and purifies the believer with Fire:
“Wherefore, the Haymehnay, by whom We are one, shall enter into the heart of the believer and shall purify even with Fire.”
—The First Book of Ohuhgohuh 1:120
Baptism opens the road leading toward the Way:
“Wherefore, whoso believeth and is purified by water shall begin upon the road that giveth onto the Way.”
—The First Book of Ohuhgohuh 1:122
The doctrine, the baptism, and the Fire all point beyond themselves.
They lead the disciple toward God.
πΏ Leaders Must Govern through the Haymehnay
When the Peacemaker called Ohuhgohuh to govern His Church in Mayntinah, He gave him authority—but He also placed a clear condition upon that authority:
“When I am returned unto my Father, thou shalt govern my Church in the land of Mayntinah. But see that thou dost govern with that judgment which cometh of the Haymehnay.”
—The First Book of Ohuhgohuh 1:173
The Peacemaker warned that even legitimate authority must never turn to the left or the right away from His direction.
Then He explained the standard by which all future servants must minister:
“Yea, my servants, ye, and all those who come after you, shall do all those things that I would do were I among you. Wherefore, take heed to follow the voice of the Haymehnay in all your councils.”
—The First Book of Ohuhgohuh 1:177
He immediately warned:
“Turn not away because of the pride that cometh because of authority.”
—The First Book of Ohuhgohuh 1:178
Priesthood and leadership are never meant to replace the Peacemaker.
His servants are to do what He would do if He were personally among them.
They must continually follow the voice of the Haymehnay.
πΏ The Holy House Is Meant to Teach Us to Walk with Him
Near the end of the First Book of Ohuhgohuh, the Peacemaker teaches the ordinances of the Tuhhuhl Nuhmehn.
The Record says those sacred teachings are to be received through the guidance of the Haymehnay:
“And I am confident that, whoso receives these writings, receives them through the guidance of the Haymehnay and shall also receive the ordinances of the Tuhhuhl Nuhmehn in like manner as we have received them.”
—The First Book of Ohuhgohuh 1:385
The Peacemaker then gives His servants power to bind and loose:
“And behold, He touched us all and gave us power to bind on earth and in heaven, and to loose on earth.”
—The First Book of Ohuhgohuh 1:387
But the Record immediately explains the purpose of that authority and those ordinances:
“And this He did so that all who entered into the Tuhhuhlnuhmtsipi might learn to walk with Him upon the Way and be instructed by Him. Yea, that they might one day emerge from the preparatory state and be presented before Aylohhihm in their finished and ascended state.”
—The First Book of Ohuhgohuh 1:388
The ordinances are not the destination.
The authority is not the destination.
Even the Holy House is not the destination.
They prepare disciples to:
- Walk with the Peacemaker upon the Way.
- Be instructed personally by Him.
- Emerge from the preparatory state.
- Be presented before Aylohhihm.
The Holy House points beyond itself to Jesus Christ.
πΏ The Gospel Prepares People to See His Face
After teaching the ordinances, the Peacemaker gave His servants this commission:
“Go now forth unto all the people of the land and teach my Gospel. Yea, teach every person their duty and gather them together and prepare them to see my face.”
—The First Book of Ohuhgohuh 1:390
Notice why the people were to be gathered.
They were not gathered merely to form an institution.
They were not gathered merely to receive ordinances.
They were gathered and prepared to see His face.
The purpose of the Gospel is to bring the people to the Peacemaker.
πΏ The Prepared May Meet Him upon the Way
Then comes one of the most beautiful promises in the Record:
“And I shall visit they that are prepared and the righteous shall meet with me upon the Way. Wherefore, make and maintain yourselves clean, even this whole people.”
—The First Book of Ohuhgohuh 1:393
The Peacemaker does not teach that His followers must always remain distant from Him.
He promises to visit those who prepare themselves.
He promises that the righteous may meet Him upon the Way.
The Way is not merely a set of doctrines.
It is a living journey with Jesus Christ.
πΏ “Remember That I Am Your Peacemaker”
Before departing, Ayahtsuhway gave this final reminder:
“Remember that I am your Peacemaker, even Ayahtsuhway Sahnhehmpeht. I have spoken all these words and my words shall surely come to pass. So be it.”
—The First Book of Ohuhgohuh 1:395
His final instruction was not merely:
Remember the organization.
Remember the authority.
Remember the ordinances.
Or even remember the Record.
It was:
“Remember that I am your Peacemaker.”
Everything was meant to bring the people back to Him.
πΏ The Pattern Is Unmistakable
The Haymehnay leads us to the Peacemaker.
The Fire changes the heart and brings us onto the Way.
Baptism begins the road leading to the Way.
Priesthood servants are commanded to act as the Peacemaker would act.
The ordinances prepare us to walk with Him.
The Holy House teaches us to be instructed by Him.
The Gospel gathers and prepares people to see His face.
Everything points to Him.
πͺΆ Talking Feather’s Reflection
When I began this journey, I thought I was searching for answers.
I was.
But I eventually realized that every answer was pointing in the same direction.
The Bible.
The Book of Mormon.
Joseph Smith.
The Nemenhah Sacred Records.
Each, in its own voice, kept leading me back to Jesus Christ.
Not merely to believe in Him.
Not merely to worship Him from a distance.
But to hear His voice.
To receive His Fire.
To follow the Haymehnay.
To enter onto the Way.
To walk with Him.
To be instructed by Him.
And to prepare to see His face.
That has become the greatest discovery of my life.
When I first opened the Nemenhah Sacred Records, I expected to find history.
Instead, I found another witness of the living Christ.
I expected to find deeper teachings.
Instead, I found an invitation to walk with the Peacemaker.
I expected to find another sacred record.
Instead, the Record continually pointed me beyond itself—to Him.
If these Records have done anything for me...
They have helped me know the Peacemaker better.
And if they help someone else hear His voice, receive His Fire, walk upon His Way, and draw closer to His presence...
Then they have fulfilled their purpose.
π€ Questions to Ponder
- If every true prophet and sacred record points to Christ, where is my focus today?
- Am I merely learning about Jesus, or am I learning to walk with Him?
- What would change if my greatest goal became preparing to see His face?
- Am I allowing the Haymehnay to guide my decisions?
- What does it mean to receive Fire and enter onto the Way?
- Could every true restoration ultimately have the same purpose—to bring us into the presence of the Peacemaker?
πΏ Walking Together
After all the comparisons...
After all the discoveries...
After all the questions...
I have come to one simple conclusion.
The greatest discovery is not another doctrine.
It is not another ordinance.
It is not another organization.
It is not even another sacred record.
The greatest discovery is the Peacemaker Himself.
Everything else is an invitation...
To know Him.
To follow Him.
To receive His Fire.
To hear His voice through the Haymehnay.
To enter onto the Way.
To walk with Him.
To be instructed by Him.
And one day...
To see His face.
He is the Way.
He is the destination.
He is the heart of the Restoration.
π Key Nemenhah References
- The First Book of Ohuhgohuh 1:110–112 — The faithful receive Fire and the Haymehnay, enter onto the Way, find the Peacemaker, and see His face because of faith.
- The First Book of Ohuhgohuh 1:119–122 — The Haymehnay enters the heart, purifies with Fire, and baptism begins the road leading onto the Way.
- The First Book of Ohuhgohuh 1:172–178 — Christ’s servants receive authority but must govern through the Haymehnay, act as He would act, and avoid pride in authority.
- The First Book of Ohuhgohuh 1:384–388 — The Holy House ordinances are received through the Haymehnay and prepare disciples to walk with the Peacemaker and be instructed by Him.
- The First Book of Ohuhgohuh 1:390–395 — The Gospel gathers people to prepare them to see His face; the prepared may meet Him upon the Way; “Remember that I am your Peacemaker.”
Comments