๐ The Ring Was Never Really Lost
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
๐ The Ring Was Never Really Lost
A Quiet Thought About God, Fear, and Love
The other day my wife lost her wedding ring.
Not just misplaced it for a few minutes either.
Gone.
We searched everywhere.
We even drove back to places we had been earlier in the day trying to retrace our steps.
It bothered us all night.
Partly because the ring was expensive.
But deeper than that…
because a wedding ring means something.
It represents covenant.
Love.
Years together.
Memory.
Connection.
So when it disappears…
it touches something deeper inside than just money.
๐ฟ Her Response
At one point my wife said something beautiful.
She told me she had prayed deeply about it.
She said she went to the Lord, repented of her sins, and promised she wanted to serve Him better.
Then later…
the ring was found.
And honestly…
I understood exactly where she was coming from.
A lot of us were raised with that kind of thinking.
When something goes wrong, our hearts naturally ask:
“Lord… is there something I need to fix?”
That desire to turn toward God is not a bad thing.
In fact…
it’s often a very sincere and tender thing.
๐️ But Something Has Been Changing in Me
As I sat quietly afterward, another thought came to me.
What if the Lord was already with us the entire time?
Not standing far away waiting for enough repentance…
not withholding help until we became worthy enough…
but already there.
Present in the fear.
Present in the searching.
Present in the love between us.
Present before the ring was found.
๐ A Different Way of Seeing God
For much of my life I think I viewed God almost like this:
“If I become good enough…
then God will come near.”
But lately…
my heart has been learning something gentler.
Maybe it is more like this:
“God is already near…
and His nearness slowly changes us.”
That feels very different to me.
Not fear.
Not shame.
Not trying to earn love.
Just relationship.
๐ถ Christ Walked With People Before They Changed
One thing I notice in scripture is that Christ often came near people before they had everything figured out.
He ate with sinners.
He walked beside doubters.
He comforted the fearful.
He loved people while they were still becoming.
Sometimes we act as though we must climb a mountain to reach Him.
But over and over in scripture…
He is the One walking toward us.
๐ “We love him, because he first loved us.”
— The Holy Bible
๐ “Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.”
— The Holy Bible
๐ “The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart.”
— The Holy Bible
๐ Maybe the Miracle Was Bigger Than the Ring
Maybe the ring simply fell into the car and was there the whole time.
Or maybe heaven quietly helped us find it.
I honestly don’t know.
But I do know this:
The experience reminded me that God is not just present after repentance.
He is present during the panic too.
He is present in the searching.
He is present in the weakness.
He is present before we “get everything right.”
And maybe true repentance is not groveling our way back into His presence…
Maybe it is simply turning our hearts toward the One who never stopped loving us in the first place.
That thought has brought me a lot of peace lately.
๐ Start here:
๐ https://thetrueremnantblog.blogspot.com
(Then use the ๐ magnifying glass at the top to search any topic.)
- Get link
- X
- Other Apps
Comments