πŸͺΆ HOW DO WE TRULY HONOR THE PIONEERS? A July 24th Reflection

 



πŸͺΆ HOW DO WE TRULY HONOR THE PIONEERS?

A July 24th Reflection


πŸŒ… A Day That Means Something

July 24th…

means something to a lot of people.

It’s not just a date.

It’s:

  • sacrifice
  • faith
  • families crossing plains
  • people giving everything they had

Men, women, and children…

walking into the unknown
believing God was leading them.

That kind of faith…

πŸ‘‰ deserves to be honored.

And I honor it.


πŸͺΆ THEY GAVE EVERYTHING THEY HAD

Whatever else can be said about history…

this part is true:

πŸ‘‰ The pioneers gave everything.

  • Their homes
  • Their comfort
  • Their safety
  • Sometimes even their lives

They didn’t do it halfway.

They believed they were following God.

And that matters.


🧭 BUT HERE’S A QUESTION I HAD TO ASK

As I’ve gotten older…

and as I’ve walked more personally with Christ…

a question has come to me.

Not a harsh one.

A real one.

πŸ‘‰ How do we truly honor them?

Is it:

  • just remembering them?
  • just celebrating the journey?
  • just repeating what they did?

Or is it something more?


πŸ“– WHAT DID THEY THINK THEY WERE DOING?

This is important.

They didn’t believe they were just building a place.

πŸ‘‰ They believed they were preparing a people for God.

They believed in:

  • Zion
  • A gathered people
  • A life centered on the Lord

Not just survival…

πŸ‘‰ but spiritual purpose


πŸͺΆ HONORING THEM THE RIGHT WAY

And this is where it settled in for me.

The best way to honor them is not just to look back.

πŸ‘‰ It’s to finish what they were reaching for.

Not perfectly.

But honestly.


✨ WHAT DOES THAT LOOK LIKE?

For me…

it came down to something very simple.

Not easy.

But simple.

πŸ‘‰ Come to Christ… personally.

Not just:

  • through tradition
  • through structure
  • through inheritance

But:

πŸ‘‰ actually knowing Him

Because that’s what the scriptures point to.

Over and over.

“Come unto Christ…” (Moroni 10:32)

“This is the way…” (2 Nephi 31:21)


πŸͺΆ SOMETHING I’VE LEARNED ALONG THE WAY

As I’ve studied more…

one thing has become clear to me.

God has always worked through:

πŸ‘‰ small groups
πŸ‘‰ humble people
πŸ‘‰ those willing to truly seek Him

Not always large systems.

Not always what we expect.

And sometimes…

the next step forward doesn’t look like the last one.


🧭 A GENTLE THOUGHT

I believe there are many sincere people today.

Leaders.

Members.

Families.

Trying to do what’s right.

And I honor that.

But I also believe this:

πŸ‘‰ The invitation hasn’t changed.

It’s still:

  • Seek Him
  • Hear Him
  • Walk with Him

Not just as a group…

πŸ‘‰ but as individuals.


πŸͺΆ WHAT IF…

What if honoring the pioneers isn’t just about remembering where they went…

πŸ‘‰ but going where they were trying to go?

What if Zion…

isn’t just a place in the past or future…

πŸ‘‰ but something we begin living now?


πŸ”₯ MY HEART ON THIS DAY

On this day…

I don’t feel critical.

I feel grateful.

And I feel invited.

Invited to:

  • go deeper
  • seek more
  • walk closer with the Savior

Because in the end…

that’s what matters most.


πŸ•Š️ FINAL THOUGHT

The pioneers walked across plains…

with faith in something greater.

The question for me now is:

πŸ‘‰ Will I walk toward Him the same way?

Not perfectly.

But honestly.


πŸ”— SIMILAR POSTS TO READ NEXT:

A Look Back in Love — What Happened and What I’ve Learned — A personal journey through faith, history, and walking with Christ.
What the Nemenhah Records Taught Me — How a lesser-known record helped me see Christ and Zion more clearly.
The True Doctrine of Christ — Why the Savior’s invitation is still simple and direct today.
Borrowed Light vs. Your Own Lamp — Why your personal relationship with God matters more than anything else.
Zion Is Simpler Than We Think — A quiet look at what true Zion living might really be.

πŸ”— Start here:

πŸ‘‰ https://thetrueremnantblog.blogspot.com

(Then use the πŸ” magnifying glass at the top to search any topic.)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About This Blog: The True Remnant

πŸ“š Master Index — Waking Up Zion: The True Remnant Blog Archive

Waking Up Zion --- The Book