ðŸŽĩ Wednesday Music Reflection ⛰️ You Raise Me Up

 

ðŸŽĩ Wednesday Music Reflection

⛰️ You Raise Me Up


Every Wednesday afternoon I like to share a piece of music that has touched my heart.

This week it is:

ðŸŽķ You Raise Me Up — Josh Groban

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aJxrX42WcjQ

Take a few minutes and listen to the song.

Then come back.

💧


We Were Never Meant To Carry Everything Alone

One of the lessons life keeps teaching me is this:

We were never meant to carry every burden by ourselves.

When we're young, we often think strength means independence.

We think strength means handling everything alone.

But the older I get, the more I realize that true strength often comes from knowing where to turn for help.


The Times I Could Not Stand

There have been seasons in my life when I didn't know what to do next.

Health challenges.

Family challenges.

Questions.

Losses.

Disappointments.

Times when the road ahead wasn't clear.

Yet looking back, I can see something I didn't fully recognize at the time.

The Lord was carrying more of the load than I knew.


The Holy Ghost Lifts Us

Sometimes the Lord lifts us through people.

Sometimes through scripture.

Sometimes through a quiet impression.

Sometimes through a simple act of kindness.

Sometimes through music.

I've often compared the Holy Ghost to sunshine.

You may not understand everything about the sun.

But you know when you feel its warmth.

The Spirit is much the same.

There have been moments when I felt lifted without fully understanding how.

Years later I realized the Lord had been there all along.


The Nemenhah Connection

One of the themes I see throughout the Nemenhah Records is that we are not intended to walk alone.

The Creator continually reaches toward His children.

The Peacemaker continually invites us to come unto Him.

The Holy Ghost continually seeks to guide us.

Sometimes we think we are searching for God.

Often we discover that He was searching for us.


A Porch Thought

As I grow older, I become less impressed by people who claim they don't need anyone.

And more impressed by people who know how to lean upon the Lord.

There is great strength in humility.

There is great strength in prayer.

There is great strength in surrender.

The strongest people I know are often the ones who learned they could not do it alone.


When Christ Raises Us Up

For me, the song ultimately points to Jesus Christ.

He raises us when we fall.

He strengthens us when we are weak.

He comforts us when we mourn.

He forgives us when we repent.

He walks beside us when the road becomes difficult.

And because of Him, we can continue forward.


ðŸŽĩ Take Five Minutes

Listen to the song.

Think about the people who lifted you.

Think about the times the Lord carried you.

Think about the prayers that were answered.

Think about the strength that came when your own strength ran out.

Then offer a prayer of gratitude.

You may discover that many of the moments you thought you survived alone were actually moments when the Lord was raising you up.

💧

Related Reading

📖 The Lord Is Closer Than You Think

📖 What I Know Now That I Didn't Know Then

📖 The Blueprint of Zion

🔎 Search this blog for:

Holy Ghost • Peacemaker • Strength • Nemenhah • Zion • Testimony


"I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me." — Philippians 4:13

The True Remnant

Comments