๐ŸŒฟ He Was Calling All Along ---- Discovering the Voice That Never Stopped Calling

 

๐ŸŒฟ He Was Calling All Along

Discovering the Voice That Never Stopped Calling






Listen to the NEW Song of Zion:   He Was Calling All Along


Many people believe the story of faith begins the day they find God.

Scripture tells a different story.

The story begins long before that.

It begins with God seeking us.

Long before we ever learned to pray...

He was listening.

Long before we searched for Him...

He was searching for us.

Long before we recognized His voice...

He already knew our name.

Perhaps that is the greatest discovery any disciple ever makes.

We were never searching alone.


The First Voice in the Garden

The first question ever asked in Scripture was not spoken by man.

It was spoken by God.

After Adam and Eve hid among the trees, the Lord came walking in the garden and called,

"Where art thou?"

God already knew where Adam was.

The question was not asked for God's benefit.

It was asked for Adam's.

The Father has been calling wandering children ever since.

Not because He delights in finding fault.

Because He delights in bringing His children home.


The Shepherd Who Searches

Jesus described Himself as the Good Shepherd.

Notice what the Shepherd does.

He does not merely wait.

He searches.

He leaves the ninety-nine to find the one.

He walks dangerous paths.

He crosses difficult ground.

He refuses to stop until the lost sheep is found.

The sheep does not rescue itself.

The Shepherd comes looking.

That changes the way we understand our own story.

Perhaps every longing we've ever felt...

was His voice quietly leading us home.


Looking Back

There have been seasons in my own life when I thought I was simply making decisions.

Serving a mission.

Raising a family.

Working.

Learning.

Studying.

Later came health struggles...

back surgery...

long months of recovery...

new questions...

new discoveries...

new friendships...

and eventually the Nemenhah Sacred Records.

Looking backward now...

I see something I could not see then.

A gentle hand was guiding the journey.

The Lord was patiently preparing me one step at a time.

Not forcing.

Not rushing.

Simply calling.


Every Honest Search

Sometimes people worry that asking sincere questions will somehow lead them away from Christ.

I have found the opposite.

Every honest search that is carried out with humility eventually leads closer to Him.

Truth does not fear examination.

Jesus said,

"Seek, and ye shall find."

Not,

"Seek only within your comfort."

Seek.

Study.

Pray.

Listen.

Compare.

Then ask the Lord.

The Holy Ghost remains Heaven's witness.

The Shepherd still speaks.


He Speaks in Many Ways

The song says,

"I found Him in the scriptures... I found Him in a friend... I found Him in the silence..."

That is deeply biblical.

God spoke through prophets.

Through burning bushes.

Through dreams.

Through angels.

Through quiet impressions.

Through Scripture.

Through faithful friends.

Through suffering.

Through unexpected moments of mercy.

The Lord is not limited to one method.

The important question is not,

"How did He speak?"

It is,

"Did I recognize His voice?"


"My Sheep Hear My Voice"

One of the most comforting promises Jesus ever gave is found in John 10.

"My sheep hear my voice."

Notice He did not say,

"My sheep hear only My servants."

Or,

"My sheep hear only when they are perfect."

He simply said,

"My sheep hear My voice."

Learning that voice takes time.

Sometimes years.

Sometimes decades.

But every sincere disciple can learn to recognize the Shepherd.

That is one of the great themes running through both Scripture and the Nemenhah teachings.

The Creator still speaks.

Haymehnay still teaches.

The Peacemaker still calls.


The Voice Behind Every Prophet

Every true prophet has understood something important.

Their purpose is never to become the destination.

Their purpose is to point beyond themselves.

John the Baptist pointed to Christ.

Moroni pointed to Christ.

Nephi pointed to Christ.

Joseph Smith pointed to Christ.

The faithful voices preserved in the Nemenhah Sacred Records continually point to the Peacemaker.

If our study ends with admiration for human messengers, we have stopped too soon.

The Shepherd is always the destination.


Coming Home

One line in the song stands above the rest:

"Every broken pathway... Every winding road... Was another step toward coming home."

That may be one of the deepest truths in the Christian life.

There are roads we never would have chosen.

Questions we never expected.

Losses we never wanted.

Yet when we place them in the hands of Christ...

even our detours become part of His redemption.

The Shepherd wastes nothing.

Even our mistakes can become teachers when surrendered to Him.


He Never Stopped Calling

When I look back over my own life...

I no longer see disconnected events.

I see invitations.

The mission.

The family.

The successes.

The disappointments.

The surgeries.

The dreams.

The quiet mornings.

The Sacred Records.

The songs.

The blogs.

The friendships formed along the way.

Thread by thread...

the Lord was weaving something I could not yet understand.

I thought I was searching for Him.

Perhaps...

He had been calling me all along.

That realization changes the way I see everyone else as well.

The struggling soul.

The questioning disciple.

The wandering child.

The neighbor who has not yet discovered faith.

Perhaps the Shepherd is already calling them too.

Perhaps our role is not to force...

not to argue...

not to condemn...

but simply to help others recognize the Voice that has never stopped speaking.

For the greatest miracle is not that we finally found God.

The greatest miracle...

is that He never stopped looking for us.

He was calling...

Yesterday.

Today.

And He will still be calling tomorrow.

Until every willing heart finally recognizes the voice...

that has loved it...

all along.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About This Blog: The True Remnant

๐Ÿ“š Master Index — Waking Up Zion: The True Remnant Blog Archive

Waking Up Zion --- The Book