๐ŸŒฟ Two Witnesses, One Path A Discovery I Wasn't Looking For

 

๐ŸŒฟ Two Witnesses, One Path

A Discovery I Wasn't Looking For

A few mornings ago I was sitting on the porch with my scriptures open.

Nothing unusual.

Just me some quiet time before the day got busy.

The sun was just beginning to come up.

The world was still.

And I found myself reading one of my favorite scriptures in the Book of Mormon.

Mosiah 3:19.

I've probably read that verse hundreds of times over the years.

Maybe you have too.

King Benjamin says:

"For the natural man is an enemy to God..."

Every time I read it, it hits me a little differently.

Because King Benjamin wasn't talking about somebody else.

He was talking about me.

My pride.

My impatience.

My stubbornness.

My tendency to want things my way instead of God's way.

As I sat there thinking about it, a simple question came into my mind.

Not a profound question.

Just a simple one.

What if I looked for that same teaching in the Nemenhah Records?

Not the exact words.

Not identical phrases.

Just the principle.

The doctrine.

The invitation.

Would I find it?

Or would I find something completely different?

That question started a journey I wasn't expecting.




I started searching.

And before long I began finding passages that spoke about the natural man.

Passages about pride.

Passages about yielding to the Spirit.

Passages about leaving behind the lower nature and following the Peacemaker.

Different words.

Different culture.

Different expressions.

Yet the same struggle.

And the same invitation.

Come unto Christ.

Become something better.

I sat back in my chair and smiled.

Not because I had proven anything.

Not because I had discovered some secret.

But because something felt familiar.

Very familiar.

And that made me curious.

So I decided to try another scripture.

Then another.

Then another.


The next one was Alma 36.

The center of Alma's great chiasm.

The turning point of the entire chapter.

The moment when Alma remembers Jesus Christ.

Then came 2 Nephi 25.

Then 2 Nephi 31.

Then Mosiah 4.

Then Alma 5.

Then Helaman 5.

One scripture at a time.

One comparison at a time.

No agenda.

No assumptions.

No forcing anything.

Just asking a simple question:

What do the records actually teach?




What surprised me wasn't the wording.

The wording was often very different.

What surprised me was the direction.

Again and again, both records seemed to point toward the same destination.

Mosiah 3 speaks about putting off the natural man.

Alma 36 points us to Jesus Christ as the turning point of redemption.

2 Nephi 25 teaches us to talk of Christ, rejoice in Christ, and teach our children of Christ.

2 Nephi 31 teaches the Doctrine of Christ.

Faith.

Repentance.

The Holy Ghost.

Pressing forward.

Mosiah 4 teaches mercy, forgiveness, joy, and peace.

Alma 5 asks one of the greatest questions ever recorded:

"Have ye experienced this mighty change in your hearts?"

Helaman 5 teaches us to build our lives upon the Rock of our Redeemer.

Different prophets.

Different settings.

Different circumstances.

Yet every one of them seems to point toward the same thing.

Christ.



As I compared these scriptures with the Nemenhah Records, another pattern began to appear.

The strongest similarities were not organizational.

They were not institutional.

They were not about programs, offices, or structures.

They were deeply personal.

Come unto Christ.

Hear His voice.

Receive His Spirit.

Walk the Way.

Experience a mighty change of heart.

Build upon the Rock.

The more I looked, the more that pattern appeared.

And honestly, that surprised me.

If two records were going to overlap, many people might expect them to overlap in outward things.

Instead, what kept showing up was the inward journey.

The transformation of the soul.

The road that leads to the Savior.




Now, I am not suggesting that similarities prove everything.

They don't.

Scripture study doesn't work that way.

But I do find it interesting when independent records repeatedly point to the same destination.

Especially when that destination is not an organization.

Not a movement.

Not a system.

But the Savior Himself.

The deeper we dug, the less this study became about comparing books.

The more it became about Christ.

Maybe that's exactly what should happen.

After all, if a record is true, where should it lead?

To Him.

Every time.

And that is what I believe I may be seeing.

Not two competing messages.

Not two competing paths.

But two witnesses inviting us to walk the same road.

The road that leads to the Peacemaker.

The road that leads to Jesus Christ.


๐ŸŒฟ A New Series Begins

This post is simply the introduction.

The beginning.

The starting point.

Over the coming weeks, I plan to examine several passages from the Book of Mormon and compare them with teachings found in the Nemenhah Records.

Among them:

• Mosiah 3:19
• Alma 36:18–19
• 2 Nephi 25:23–32
• 2 Nephi 31:17–20
• Mosiah 4:2–3
• Alma 5:14–26
• Helaman 5:12

Not to replace the Book of Mormon.

Never that.

The Book of Mormon remains one of the greatest witnesses of Jesus Christ ever given.

Rather, the purpose is to ask a simple question:

Do these records point us toward the same Savior?

So far, I believe the answer may be yes.

But we'll let the scriptures speak for themselves.

For now, I'll leave you with the same question that started all of this.

What if we compared our favorite Book of Mormon scriptures to the Nemenhah?

What might we discover?

I wasn't looking for a new study project.

But sometimes the most interesting discoveries happen by accident.

And from my little porch, this one feels worth exploring.

— The True Remnant

_____________________________________________________________________________________

๐Ÿ” SEARCH THE BLOG

There are now hundreds of articles on this blog.

If a topic speaks to your heart, click the magnifying glass at the top of the page and search for:

• Hearing the Savior's Voice
• Zion
• Consecration
• Chiasmus
• The Doctrine of Christ
• The Nemenhah Records
• Personal Revelation
• Church History
• Spiritual Experiences

You might be surprised what you find.

๐ŸŒฟ Thanks for spending a little time with me on the porch.

_____________________________________________________________________________________


๐ŸŒฟ About the Nemenhah Records

Many readers have asked about the Nemenhah Records.

The Nemenhah Records are a collection of writings that claim to preserve teachings, history, prophecy, and spiritual instruction among indigenous peoples of the Americas. Whether you are simply curious or deeply interested, I encourage you to study them for yourself and compare them with the scriptures you already know.

The records are available through Amazon and can be found by searching:

๐Ÿ” Nemenhah Records
๐Ÿ” Phillip Cloudpiler Landis

As with all things, I encourage you to seek the guidance of the Holy Ghost and allow the Lord to be your teacher.

๐ŸŒฟ Sunday Study Group

Several of us gather each Sunday morning to read and discuss the Nemenhah Records together. We come from different backgrounds, ask honest questions, and seek to learn from one another while keeping Christ at the center of the discussion.

If you would like information about joining the study group, simply leave a comment below and let me know. Be sure to include a way for me to contact you, and I will be happy to reach out.

๐ŸŒฟ Search the Blog

There are now many studies available on a wide variety of subjects.

Click the magnifying glass (๐Ÿ”) at the top of the blog and search topics such as:

Christ
Holy Ghost
Zion
Second Comforter
Hearing His Voice
Nemenhah Records
Temple
Consecration
The Doctrine of Christ
The Remnant

Take what helps.

Leave the rest.

Keep seeking Christ.

— The True Remnant


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

About This Blog: The True Remnant

๐Ÿ“š Master Index — Waking Up Zion: The True Remnant Blog Archive

Waking Up Zion --- The Book