๐Ÿ›️ THE RESTORATION NEVER ENDED

 

๐Ÿ›️ THE RESTORATION NEVER ENDED

Perhaps Joseph Smith Was Pointing Us Somewhere Even Greater

"Follow the Voice... not merely the messenger."




Listen to the NEW Song of Zion:   He Was Always Calling


๐ŸŒ„ A THOUGHT THAT WOULDN'T LEAVE ME

Recently I listened to a presentation asking a simple but profound question:

Has LDS doctrine changed since Joseph Smith?

The presentation shared numerous historical examples that suggest some teachings and practices evolved over time.

But as I listened, something much bigger settled into my heart.

The real question isn't...

"What changed?"

The real question is...

"What was Joseph trying to restore in the first place?"


๐Ÿ“– JOSEPH'S GREATEST INVITATION

As I study Joseph Smith's teachings, I don't see a man trying to create followers of himself.

I see a prophet constantly pointing people to Jesus Christ.

Not just to believe in Him.

Not just to worship Him.

But to know Him.

Joseph taught about:

✨ The Second Comforter

✨ Calling and Election Made Sure

✨ The More Sure Word of Prophecy

✨ Receiving a promise directly from the Savior.

These teachings weren't reserved for a select few. Joseph invited every faithful disciple to continue seeking until heaven itself confirmed their standing before God.

That is an astonishing invitation.


๐Ÿชถ WHAT THE NEMENHAH RECORDS REMINDED ME

One reason the Nemenhah Records have touched me so deeply is because they echo this same invitation.

Again and again the records point us toward:

❤️ The Peacemaker

❤️ Personal revelation

❤️ The Holy Ghost

❤️ Becoming one with Christ

The purpose is never simply to belong to a people.

The purpose is to become His people.

That feels remarkably consistent with what Joseph Smith taught.


๐Ÿ’ก A THOUGHT TO PONDER

Sometimes we spend enormous energy asking:

"Who has the authority?"

Maybe an equally important question is:

"Am I hearing His voice?"

Authority matters.

Ordinances matter.

Churches matter.

Prophets matter.

But every one of them should ultimately point us to Jesus Christ.

If they become the destination...

We've missed the journey.


๐Ÿ“œ THE RESTORATION MAY STILL BE HAPPENING

What if the Restoration wasn't meant to stop in 1844?

What if it wasn't merely the restoration of priesthood authority?

What if it was the restoration of a people who once again learn to walk with Christ?

Perhaps the Restoration continues every time someone:

✨ Humbles themselves before God.

✨ Receives the Holy Ghost.

✨ Learns to recognize the Savior's voice.

✨ Chooses to follow Him above every earthly distraction.

That kind of Restoration is never finished.

It happens one heart at a time.


❤️ WHAT I'VE LEARNED

After everything I've studied...

The Book of Mormon.

The Bible.

Joseph Smith's teachings.

The Nemenhah Records.

My own life.

One truth keeps growing stronger.

The closer I come to Christ...

The less interested I become in proving I'm right.

The more interested I become in helping others find Him.

Maybe that's what Zion has always looked like.


๐Ÿ“– A SCRIPTURE TO REMEMBER

"My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me."

— John 10:27


๐Ÿค” A QUESTION FOR YOU

If Joseph Smith were here today...

Would he primarily encourage us to strengthen our relationship with an organization...

Or would he encourage us to seek the face of Jesus Christ until we know Him for ourselves?

I know how I would answer that question.


๐Ÿชถ FROM THE STORYTELLER

I don't write these thoughts to criticize anyone.

I still love many wonderful people in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints—including my own wife.

I write because I believe every true restoration points us to the Savior.

Every prophet should point us to Him.

Every ordinance should point us to Him.

Every church should point us to Him.

Because in the end...

It was always about Jesus Christ.


๐Ÿ“š Further Study

๐Ÿ“– John 10 — The Good Shepherd

๐Ÿ“– Doctrine & Covenants 88 — Another Comforter

๐Ÿ“– Doctrine & Covenants 93 — Receiving grace for grace

๐Ÿ“– Teachings of Joseph Smith on the Second Comforter and Calling & Election Made Sure

๐Ÿชถ The Nemenhah Records — Passages that invite every soul to come unto the Peacemaker and hear His voice.


๐ŸŽต Another Song That Comes to Mind

"Follow the Voice"
From the album Songs of Zion :   https://suno.com/s/97XfA3Ss0FYBQOA2


๐Ÿ™ Join us every Sunday at 8:00 AM Pacific as we study the Nemenhah Records together and seek to deepen our relationship with Jesus Christ. Everyone who sincerely desires to follow the Savior is welcome.

๐ŸŒ The True Remnant Blog
https://thetrueremnantblog.blogspot.com

๐Ÿ“ง thetrueremnantblog@gmail.com

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

๐Ÿ“š Master Index — Waking Up Zion: The True Remnant Blog Archive

About This Blog: The True Remnant

๐ŸŒฟ COME AND SEE ---- For Members of the Church --- Songs • Stories • Ancient History • Jesus Christ • Zion