Help Me Walk With You

 

Help Me Walk With You

A simple daily prayer—with a child’s humble heart




Listen the the NEW Song:  Help Me Walk With YOU


I listened to this song sung in a child’s voice, and it brought tears to my eyes.

The words were simple:

Help me hear You, help me follow,
Help me bless someone today.

That is what I have been trying to express.

I want to hear the Savior. I want to follow Him. I want the blessings He gives me to become blessings in someone else’s life.

Hearing a child sing that prayer reminded me of something Jesus taught:

“Except ye be converted, and become as little children, ye shall not enter into the kingdom of heaven.”

—Matthew 18:3

In the next verse, He speaks of humbling ourselves as a little child.

Whatever our age, we can come to Him willing to learn.

A heart that says, “Teach me”

A child can remind us how to ask for help.

We can bring our questions, our mistakes, our hopes, and our needs to the Lord. We can admit that we have more to learn.

The Book of Mormon describes becoming as a child in these words:

“Submissive, meek, humble, patient, full of love.”

—Mosiah 3:19

What a beautiful description of the heart I want to bring to prayer.

“Lord, teach me. Help me understand. Help me follow You.”

The Savior welcomes children

When people brought children to Jesus, He welcomed them:

“Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.”

—Mark 10:14

Then He took them in His arms and blessed them.

The Book of Mormon gives another tender account. Jesus gathered the children, prayed, wept, and blessed them one by one. Angels ministered to them.

—3 Nephi 17:11–24

These accounts help me picture the Savior’s kindness. He gives His attention to the individual child.

We can approach Him with that same trust—and learn to give that kind of attention to one another.

Seven reminders for a daily prayer

This song was inspired by the seven sacred directions taught in the Nemenhah Records.

The prayer remembers the Father, the Mother, the four directions, and our own hearts. Its teachings invite gratitude, spiritual guidance, understanding, and a personal commitment to live the Thanksgiving Way.

—Tuhhuhl Nuhmehn 4:8–14

Here is an everyday application of those teachings:

DirectionA simple prayer
Above—FatherThank You for my blessings. Please guide me.
Below—MotherThank You for the Earth. Help me care for living things.
West—KnowledgeHelp me learn to recognize the Savior’s voice.
North—SacrificeHelp me receive righteous guidance and willingly follow.
East—VirtueHelp me receive spiritual gifts and use them with love.
South—ConsecrationHelp me live what I learn and dedicate my blessings to doing good.
My heart—CommitmentSavior, help me walk with You today.

The song’s words about Mother reflect the Records’ thanksgiving to the Mother and their teaching to honor living things.

The prayer passages also speak of heavenly helpers and the Haymehnay, through whom spiritual guidance and gifts are sought. These teachings encourage us to seek understanding and confirmation as we learn.

—First Tsi-Tuhgohhah 7:18–23; Tuhhuhl Nuhmehn 3:123–124

Hear. Follow. Bless. Dedicate.

The four pillars give me four questions to carry through the day.

Knowledge: What is the Savior teaching me?

Jesus said:

“My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me.”

—John 10:27

I can study His words, pray, listen, and learn to recognize His guidance.

The Nemenhah covenant associated with Knowledge includes seeking His face and obeying His will.

—Tuhhuhl Nuhmehn 2:139–144

Sacrifice: What am I willing to give to follow Him?

Perhaps today He asks for my time, my patience, or my willingness to forgive.

The Records teach that the sacrifice the Peacemaker asks of us may change according to what He sees we need.

—Tuhhuhl Nuhmehn 3:135–136

Virtue: How will I use what He gives me?

I want my gifts to produce kindness, honesty, faithfulness, and mercy.

The Nemenhah text identifies chastity as representative of the covenant of Virtue; an explanatory note in this edition connects the principle with all virtues and spiritual gifts.

—Tuhhuhl Nuhmehn 5:4; Book of Mahnti, note 463

Consecration: How can my life bless His children?

The Records teach us to nurture the weak, comfort the sick, and dedicate our blessings to the good of God’s children.

—Tuhhuhl Nuhmehn 5:44–49

The Book of Mormon gives us a familiar expression of that commitment: bear one another’s burdens, mourn with those who mourn, and comfort those who need comfort.

—Mosiah 18:8–9

A small act of love today

When the song finishes, I want its prayer to continue in my life.

Perhaps I can call someone who feels forgotten.

Perhaps I can listen without interrupting.

Perhaps I can apologize, share a meal, encourage a child, or sit beside someone who is hurting.

Jesus taught:

“By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.”

—John 13:35

A child’s voice helped me hear this message freshly.

And an older heart can still learn to pray it sincerely:

Help me hear You.

Help me follow.

Help me bless someone today.

With a child’s humble heart, help me walk with You.

🎥 Listen to “Help Me Walk With You,” accompanying this study.

What is one loving thing you can do today?

The seven-point summary is a devotional application, rather than a prescribed ceremony or word-for-word translation. All Nemenhah references are from Ayahtkuhyaht Nemenhah, Complete Text, Second Edition, Volume 2.

The True Remnant — Following Christ and learning to live His way.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

📚 Master Index — Waking Up Zion: The True Remnant Blog Archive

About This Blog: The True Remnant

🌿 COME AND SEE ---- For Members of the Church --- Songs • Stories • Ancient History • Jesus Christ • Zion